NORTH MIAMI MIDDLE IS A MANDATORY UNIFORM SCHOOL!
Dress Code: Board Policy 6Gx13- 5C-1.031 Students are expected to come to school with proper attention having been given to personal cleanliness, grooming, and neatness of dress. Students whose personal attire or grooming distracts the attention of other students or teachers from their school work shall be required to make the necessary alternations to such attire or grooming before entering the classroom or be sent home by the principal to be properly prepared for school. Students who fail to meet the minimum acceptable standards of cleanliness and neatness as determined by the principal and as specified in this rule shall be subject to appropriate disciplinary
Colors: Navy Blue, Light blue or White Colors. Boys and Girls Styles: Polo shirts with the school name embroidered on the upper left side or spirit embroidered on the upper left side or spirit t-shirts. Hoodies and Jeans are not permitted.
Colors: Navy Blue or Khaki beige
Boys: Knee length shorts, long pants / Cargo Pants
Girls: Skorts, long pants, knee length shorts, capris
Pants must sit at the waistline. Pants must not be ripped, torn, baggy or marked.
Oversized bottoms are not part of our uniform policy.
- Shoes are to be worn at all times. No football/baseball cleats, clogs, thong sandals, or other shoes without back straps, tap shoes, high heeled shoes are permitted. Due to physical education, sneakers are highly recommended.
- All students must wear socks or hose.
- Hair shall be clean and neatly groomed.
- Hats, caps, bandanas or sunglasses are not to be worn in the school building except for health / religious reasons or special events.
- Noisy, unsafe or distracting jewelry/chains are not permitted.
- Intentionally altering clothing, unbuttoned and ill-fitting garments are not permitted.
- Clothing shall be free of any suggestive or other inappropriate writing, advertisement, or art work.
- In accordance with the Miami Dade County Public Schools policy small earrings/studs may be worn. Hoops must not be larger than a nickel.
- Pants must sit at the waistline (No low rise pants). Pants must not be ripped, torn, or marked.